Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

01/03/13 - ICT Corrections and Proof Reading

Today I have completed almost all of my ICT corrections for both Unit 18 (Databases) and Unit 1 (Communication and Employability). Overall, I was expecting to have a lot of work to do for Unit 18, however I did not get as much as I thought. I need to complete P1, M1 and D1 as these were not up to A level standards and then I will have completed this Unit at Distinction level (this is my target grade).

For Unit 1- I also had a lot of corrections. I still need to complete the Distinction criteria to get my target grade.  This has shown me how important reading the mark scheme is-  I had to create a leaflet for young people but when I created my first draft it was not meeting this criteria.  Below is a before and after view of a page in my leaflet and as you can see, the second image is much more suitable for the target audience as I have added columns and pictures.


 
I found the corrections okay but in future I am going to use the make scheme as I am going along so that I can make sure that I am including everything because I have found that there were a lot of things that I missed off that could have been avoided.

One of the tasks in Unit 1 was to proof read some of my work and use symbols to show the amendments that need to be made. Although I do proof read my work, using the symbols and having to proof read my work properly has shown me exactly how useful it is. I found a lot of mistakes and in future I am going to ensure that I proof read all of my work properly to avoid this.

No comments:

Post a Comment