Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

22/02/13 - Career Prospects

Recently I have been thinking about what job I would like to get in the future.
I enjoy Law so I have been looking into jobs in that area of work (although I don't want to go to university so I don't want to be a lawyer or solicitor).  I have found a job that involves being a legal assistant and it is called a Paralegal- I think that this is a suitable job for me as I enjoy Law and I am also taking ICT and Business which are also relevant.
There are many routes into Paralegal work and if possible I want to get an apprenticeship in a law firm so that I have experience and some qualifications relevant to the job.  To get an apprenticeship I will need very good A levels and I will have to make sure that I do well in Law and ICT especially.  In 2 weeks I will receive my results for my first Law exam so fingers crossed!  Although the exam was okay it didn't go as well as I hoped so I may have to retake it in the summer (I think I will retake it of I receive a C or lower as I know I can do better).
Because of the requirements for the apprenticeships I will need to work on one of my main weaknesses which is exams.  As I have said in previous posts, I can improve this by practicing exam questions regularly whilst revision and throughout the rest of the year.
Although this is a career that I am interested in persuing- there are many other careers that I would consider such as administrative jobs- especially if I do not get my expected grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment